Yaoure, Côte d’Ivoire
Yaoure is a Birimian greenstone gold deposit located in central Côte d’Ivoire. Amara has a 90% interest in the project, whilst the remaining 10% interest is held by the Côte d’Ivoire government. The mine was acquired by Amara Mining in 2004, and was fully commissioned under Amara's ownership as an oxide operation in September 2009.
As at 25 March 2013, Yaoure had a 1.7 million ounce sulphide Inferred Mineral Resource (34.6Mt at 1.52g/t) and an Indicated Mineral Resource of 0.3 million ounces (8.0Mt at 1.31g/t), which were contained within 40% of the total mineralised volunme drilled. During H1 2013, Amara conducted an in-fill drilling campaign which was focused on promoting the remaining 60%, which lies outside the currently defined Inferred Mineral Resource envelope. The results of this will form the basis of the further Mineral Resource update which is expected in Q4 2013.
Amara is completing a PEA for Yaoure based on the updated Mineral Resource, which is expected to be completed in Q1 2014.Basis for Technical Disclosure
The technical information contained on this webpage, and more generally contained on this website pertaining to Yaoure is based on the technical report entitled "Yaoure Gold Project, Côte d’Ivoire Technical Report and Mineral Resource Estimate" dated as of 25 March 2013 and prepared by Chris Arnold who is a "qualified person" (as such term is defined in National Instrument 43-101 - Standards of Disclosure for Mineral Projects) and is independent of Amara Mining plc. A copy of the report can be found by clicking on the link entitled "Yaoure NI43-101.pdf" under "Related Links".