Baomahun, Sierra LeoneHighlights
Basis for Technical Disclosure
- Typical Archean age deposit in central Sierra Leone with a high grade core and a lower grade halo
- 2.8 million ounces of resources (2.24Moz Indicated and 0.54Moz Inferred) with further upside potential
- Feasibility Studydelivered in Q2 2013 outlining a robust, economically viable project: 22% IRR and US$127 million NPV at a US$1,350 gold price and 8% discount rate
- First phase of optimisation results reported that the deposit is well-suited to a smaller open pit and plant scenario and the upfront capital requirement is reduced by 43%
- Baomahun's metric are in line with other similar West African gold projects on an open pit only basis, however the underground opportunity transforms its economics – IRR increases to 29% and US$244m at a US$1,350 gold price and 8% discount rate
The technical information contained on this webpage, and more generally contained on this website pertaining to Baomahun, is based on the technical report entitled “Feasibility Study of the Baomahun Project in Sierra Leone NI 43-101 Technical Report” dated 28 June 2013. A copy of the report can be found in the Related Links section of this page.